Maddy and Pita get to say what is the
Friday, January 11, 2008
They Grow So Fast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
where seeds are planted, roots take hold, friends and family gather, and stories are told
If I had my child to raise all over again,
I’d finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I’d take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less, and know to care more.
I’d take more hikes and fly more kites.
I’d stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I’d do more hugging and less tugging.
I’d build self-esteem first, and the new house later.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I’d teach less about the love of power, and more about the power of love.
2 comments:
What a milestone! Is her big girl bed in your room?
We have Aidan's bed next to ours. He sleeps in HIS "big-boy bed", but we still like having him close. He may go to his own room soon, but we're not pushing it. It sure does go by fast!
What a sweety and BIG girl she is now. Can't wait to see her soon. Kiss her for me. Good to chat with you today and catch up. Pat knicker bocker for me too. Love you!
Post a Comment